So what’s in this easy piña colada recipe? No cream of coconut (such as Coco Lopez or Coco Real), no store bought piña colada mix, no sugar-added pineapple juice…no need. To make these naturally-sweetened piña coladas (which also happen to be naturally gluten-free and vegan), you will simply need:
- 1 pound (about 3 cups) frozen pineapple chunks
- 3 ounces (1/3 cup) white rum
- 2/3 cup coconut milk
- optional garnishes: fresh pineapple slices, maraschino cherries, cute paper umbrellas
- Combine all ingredients together in a blender, and puree until smooth. If the mixture is too thick, feel free to add in extra water or coconut milk to help it blend.
- Serve immediately, topped with your desired garnishes.