Various updates: Some of the front suspension and drive shaft parts have been assembled. All new bushings, powder coated parts and cadmium plated hardware. Soon to be dirty….anyway.
Color and clear have been applied. Wet sanding and buffing are to come. Gaps look perfect (to the eye wide angle lens may show differently). The photos were taken under fluorescent lights so took a shot of the valence in the sunshine outside. Next step – undercoating with a product from Wurth
Rear axel and steering box With all the parts finally together and prepared the rear axel was assembled. Some of the powder coating flaked off and will be touched up. I’ve ordered a new set of break lines and will put them on when they arrive. The steering box was held up due to the oil seal – then I discovered I could simply buy one at a local bearing shop! $5 and it fits perfect. I purchased a second one while I was there and gave it away an hour later to a needy person with a leaking box. The size of the oil seal is 28/40/7mm. Always buy two! Yes, I know the burman box should be painted black. I blasted it and gave it several shots of clear.
Undercoating – painting finished! As all the clear has been applied and dried final wet sanding and polishing are just about done. The underside of the car has been treated to 6 cans of Wurth underbody rubberized protectant. Tomorrow the car comes back home for the start of reassembly. The break/clutch assembly was dismantled and cleaned up.