With all the parts finally together and prepared the rear axel was assembled. Some of the powder coating flaked off and will be touched up. I’ve ordered a new set of break lines and will put them on when they arrive. The steering box was held up due to the oil seal – then I discovered I could simply buy one at a local bearing shop! $5 and it fits perfect. I purchased a second one while I was there and gave it away an hour later to a needy person with a leaking box. The size of the oil seal is 28/40/7mm. Always buy two! Yes, I know the burman box should be painted black. I blasted it and gave it several shots of clear.
Back home – Paint shop has finished and the car was delivered to me to start the reassembly work
The choke and throttle knobs paint was warn away so I brushed white paint on them and used steel wool to remove the excess. The front spindles were assembled. I picked up the seats from the shop that put the new leather covers on them. Last shot is a closed foam ring for the gas tank that is now installed with stainless steel nuts and bolts.
The Giulia is now a “roller” and off the very high dolly. Getting it off the dolly took just as long as mounting the suspension! The old wheels are only temporary as new tires and wheels are on hand for the final assembly.
I’ve installed the basic suspension to get the super rolling. I also installed the glass, dash, heater box and wire harness along with some sound proofing. In the engine bay I put in the steering box, break booster, and some of the small items so they would not get misplaced or damaged. I’m still missing two firewall grommets for the upper heater hose and the cowl drain. I did note some spots the paint shop needs to attend to along with some small scratches and chips that I made while working on the window trim. The car is going to my mechanic for the engine and drivetrain installation.