Its been quite a few years since the transmission fluid was changed so before a long road-trip to Florida I thought it was a good time to do so. Unfortunately it was very cold and snowing/raining..
Step one is to gather up the parts and tools.
2 Qts of Redline 75w 90ns Oil (It takes 1.85qts)
12 mm Alen wrench for fill plug
M22 coper crush washers (2) – available here: https://www.mcmaster.com/97725a123
22mm socket for drain plug
1) Warm transmission oil up with a 10 min drive.
2) Remove fill plug first; so if the hex fitting in the plug is stripped and you are unable to remove the filler – you can still drive the car.
3) Remove the drain plug and allow all the fluid to drain out.
4) Clean the magnet on the drain plug.
5) Replace the coper washer and apply Anti-Seize compound to the threads and replace the drain plug.
6) Fill the transmission with 1.85 qts of fluid
7) Replace the coper washer on the fill plug, apply anti-seize and replace plug.